Thursday, September 6, 2012

Time flies

It's been exactly a month since I posted. The school year has begun and all of my energy is going to that. A new school, in a new state, and in a new grade, is super tough.
The family has been sick. I brought home a nasty bug and every other person in this house caught it, from me!
We had our first storm of the fall season. Out here the fall storms are rainy and windy. This one was much windier than usual. The winds were clocked at 50 mph + where I live and just a few miles away on the hillside they had a gust of 131mph! Needless to say, trees and fences were down, and power was out, and still is in many places today.
There's even termination dust on the mountains. (the first snows before winter) I'm ready for snow and cold. I want to bundle up.
The days are getting shorter, by 5 minutes every day. The mornings are dark now, when there had been sun all night long.
I'm learning how to prepare and cook halibut and salmon. Goodness knows we'll be eating plenty this winter.
I know winter is close, because we've started seeing moose in the city again. I haven't seen any moose all summer.
I'm thankful for my friends in NC. Knowing that I can always call you up when I need encouragement and love means the world to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment