Monday, October 17, 2011

Coho Coffee Company - regular coffee



Today I stopped by my first coffee shack. Coho Coffee Company in Eagle River Ak. This one is the closest to my house, located in a dirt/gravel parking lot next to a consignment shop and internet gaming place :-)

They sell their own beans and several Starbucks drinks copies. The barista, I can call her that right? It isn't reserved for Starbucks workers right? Well she was super nice. A regular coffee was $1.25. Not bad for plain coffee.
I need to come up with a rating system for these places.

For regular coffee, I'd give Coho Coffee Company a 4. The coffee was good, hot, and flavorful. I'd get this again, it wasn't the bees knees of coffee but its definitely better than what I make at home using the cheapest beans we can find. I'll have to stop by again and try a specialty coffee.

**update - Google taught me some coffee tasting terms. It also showed me a coffee tasting flavor wheel.
*** I'd say this coffee is mild/mellow and borders on nippy/acidity :-)

I need to educate myself on the ins and outs of coffee so that I can better evaluate what I'm trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment