Wednesday, October 26, 2011

unsupervised children



I never thought that nursing twins would beso difficult. Yes, the act itself is trying/tiring/taxing, but the real issue here is what to do with the 3 yr old( well almost 3). I've cut back on her television watching, and tried getting her to play in her room. She usually ends up climbing in the pantry or refrigerator and coming out with 'snacks', or in her closet throwing every article of clothing out.

Today has been no different. The sun came out after snowing this morning, so I opened the patio door and let her play while I nursed. Its enclosed and has a tall banister all around. So I figured all would be fine. I could hear her talking and playing with a little girl who was in the yard. Then she came inside, completely naked from the waist down. She had an accident. And showed the entire world herself. That was the first incident on the patio. The second came when I was finished nursing, and stepped outside to find her perched precariously on the edge of the banister. Super freaked out mom mode!
Later that day, after far too long of silence from her, again, when I was done nursing, I found her in the bathroom sink, flossing her teeth.

Oh this girl

3 comments:

  1. I love the picture:). I can only imagine it's hard nursing 2 while looking after a 3 year old. It was hard enough for me nursing just 1! Sometimes I'd have to chase someone down while nursing....is that even possible tandem?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I used the twin nursing pillow properly I could chase her down. It hasthis huge strap that goes around my back, and the velcro is all but quiet and when I try to take it off to lay them down, they end up being startled.
    I'm enjoying single nursing though, when I tandem, Morgan pokes Ben in the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, that sink photo. That's enough to incite panic in me.

    ReplyDelete